Monday 21 December 2015

How to age bricks... Brick aging solution, Liquid Weather

Looking to age new bricks? How to age new bricks. Check this product out - Liquid Weather
Looks like naturally weathered bricks.

I've recently used Liquid Weather to tint both the new mortar and bricks on our extension. The bricks our builder sourced looked too uniform in colour in comparison to the existing original bricks on the house.

http://www.liquidweather.co.uk/

I applied the product using a paint brush and it seamlessly blended the recent brickwork with the old aged bricks. The 2.5L bottle provides great value for money when aging bricks on a large scale.
2.5L Liquid Weather- Coverage: approx 20 sq metres  or 1,240 bricks.

I carefully applied Liquid Weather to the reclaimed bricks randomly with a paintbrush (I actually considered every brush stroke!). I wanted to replicate the old sooty Red Rubbers/Soft Reds that are well aged on the existing Victorian building. Our old bricks vary in colour, I applied Liquid Weather to the new bricks, lightly in some areas and reapplied in other areas for a darker patina. 

I also painted bricks on our new front wall - The wall looked too new so I applied Liquid Weather to the edges of the piers and the horizontal brick capping.



Liquid Weather perfectly matches the patina of years of weathering with just one application and a few short hours. Guaranteed to leave the surface texture unchanged, resulting in an even, natural finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey good looking what ya got cooking?